Friday, November 23, 2012

Do You Like Pumkin Pie?

Happy Thanksgiving! Who likes pie? I figured I would bring reading, writing, math, and science into the kitchen and teach the boys how to make pumpkin pie. I gave each of them $5 with clear instructions to find pumpkin pie makings that were on their lists, and took them to the store to gather our ingredients. When we got back, I asked Turbo to conduct a survey of who likes Pumpkin Pie. After he created his presentation, we set to work on making a pumpkin pie. While reading the recipe, both boys made a pumpkin pie and put it into the oven to bake: it smelled heavenly. Then I asked Turbo to write down how to make a pumpkin pie; basically write a recipe on how to make it. He did very well...surprisingly for a boy who doesn't like to write!

No comments:

Post a Comment