Monday, July 26, 2010

CCC: aka CAMP CREEPY CRAWLIES!

Last week I had envisoned a week of bug watching, catching, reading, experiments, arts/crafts, etc. However, it did not go according to plan...does it ever really?

We started the week off with making T-Shirts:



Turbo made fingerprint insects, while Tank just got "CCC" - hey, he'd eat the paint if I wasn't looking!

I had the greatest intentions of investigating, worms, grasshoppers, ants, crickets and ladybugs. The first day, we were able to get part of the lapbook made on worms. However, there are no pictures because I can't seem to find it...Oi! There is just this one of Turbo cutting out some stuff about worms. On the up side, he did cut along the lines very nicely!


We were however; able to make a worm terrarium:



Unfortunately, at this point in time, I had forgotten all about it, and it is inside a box, stashed at the top of my closet right now...mental note: must get that before something terrible happens...don't want to think about all the possibilities!

Now, I am returning all 75 library books that I so painstakingly checked out so that we could have a plethora of information and surround ourselves with knowledge of the critter world. I have stackes of printed activities, ideas for ladybug fingerprint crafts hidden away beneath unpaid bills, probably covered in sweet potatoes with cheerios stuck to them. Ahhhh...another day maybe.

For now, we are off to the Cheyenne Mountain Zoo in the Springs, to enjoy feeding the giraffes...hmmm...maybe I'll stop off at the library and pick up a few books on giraffes before we leave....

UPDATE:
Okay, so I lied...here are a few more pics of the Turbo and Tank in their T-shirts...too cute if you ask me:


No comments:

Post a Comment