Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Our One Room School House has Arrived!


In the midst of storms, there always seems to be a light at the end. Sometimes, that light doesn't come for a long time, but when it does, boy, does it shine brightly!

Our light was shining brightly this weekend! My hubby and I have prayed about it a lot and know that for our family, homeschool is what God wants us to do for our kids. It has been a struggle! God has been questioned a lot, by me mostly, if Turbo and I can weather the storm of close quarters! This summer, I am preparing Turbo for Kindergarten, and I am overwhelmed by our closeness in our 900 sq. feet apartment. But, our precious little gift was given to us this weekend! My parents have 2 rooms in their basement that aren't being used. In fact, they need to be used, so we were offered them as a winter playground/school room! They live 10 minutes away...if that! Tank can sleep upstairs in the pack-n-play while Turbo and I work together in the school room. Away from our house, in an open space dedicated just for us! I am so excited! He was kind of excited too, but I'm not sure he realizes just what this will mean for us come fall.

This morning, I went over and began cleaning, and packing up different things, and bringing over our school stuff! I tell ya one thing for sure...one room is a spider graveyard...I hate spiders...

So for now, I am busy planning, laminating, printing, copying, cleaning, organizing and doing what all teachers dread to do come the end of summer...set up their school rooms. But for this mamma...she is one excited lady!

Pictures to follow soon!

1 comment:

  1. I am reminiscing here...home-schooling 6 in chaotic, limited square-foot, life. So many happy memories, and oh...the excitement of setting it up and being creative. All the best.

    ReplyDelete