Monday, April 11, 2011

The Legend of the Easter Egg

This week, after we are done with our Three "R's", Turbo and I will be reading a book called, "The Legend of the Easter Egg". I found a Lap Book Unit on www.homeschoolshare.com that offered free printables and short lessons. They chose a verse from the Bible as the memory verse for the week, but I decided to have Turbo work on a different one, found in 1 Corinthians 15:3-4, "Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures. He was buried and He rose again on the third day, according to the Scriptures." I found a song that goes a long with this from Songs for Saplings that I downloaded the entire album for that has a verse from the Bible for each letter of the alphabet and special holidays like Easter, Thanksgiving and Christmas. They even have a verse about honoring your mother and father. He listens to that one A LOT!

Anyways, this morning while looking at the verse written, I had him listen to the song. He knows the song because we listen to this album in the car quite often. But I took a video of him singing it, and when he realized I was recording him, he really hammed it up! Take a look!

No comments:

Post a Comment