Monday, February 15, 2010

Countdown until official start date!

The count is on. Next Monday is the official start date!

You should see my notebook of ideas that I want to implement, but I tell ya, I am overwhelmed by where to start. I have given myself a goal. I have until the first part of September to get Turbo "ready" for Kindergarten. His birthday isn't until October 5th, so technically, he wouldn't start Kindergarten until 2011. If he isn't ready, then he isn't ready, and I'm good with that. But I think I need to find something to measure his progress by so I know that the things we are doing shows that he is making progress.

Here are some ideas:
Color month
Shape month
Letter of the week
Theme week that coincides with the Letter of the Week
Number of the day
Animal of the Month

That way we have something to tie his learning to whenever we are at the library, on a walk, etc.

If you have any thoughts or ideas, let me know! I am way open to anything at this point!

3 comments: