Sunday, October 3, 2010

Book Review: God Made the World and Me & Charlie and Trike: Grand Canyon



The curriculum for the Preschool Level of God Made The World and Me is a fantastic resource for a mom who is just starting out homeschooling. I enjoy all of the suggestions for the Learning Centers and how they can be involved or simple. The music suggestions are cute and creative.

I look forward to using this curriculum to help my son learn more about the world around him. This offers a great scope and sequence as well as supplemental learning activities that I can use to supplement my own ideas and lessons. I only wish that The Creation Story for Children was included in my review package as I was not able to look at the stories that were suggested for Circle Time.

The second book that was included in my review package was Charlie and Trike in the Grand Canyon Adventure. This is such a cute book! Author Ken Ham did an excellent job in explaining the World Wide Flood using interesting characters and a great story line. I believe it will go well when we look to find out more of the story of Noah and the Great Flood. The pullouts and the maps that are offered for kiddos to look at are intriguing to little kiddos.

Above all, both of these resources will be an excellent addition to my curriculum and my family.

No comments:

Post a Comment